Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

January 30, 2016

Delicious roasted tomato soup

Hello dear reader,
If there is one thing you absolutely have to learn when you're into cooking, it's preparing a great soup from scratch. After all, those soups out of a tin just don't cut it... Once you get the hang of it you'll be cooking up delicious homemade soups in no time!

I like to prepare a soup every week. My favourites vegetables to cook a soup from are broccoli, paprika, cauliflower (yes, really!), and of course tomatoes. Yesterday I prepared this beautiful roasted tomato soup with loads of basil and some balsamic vinegar and I will be sharing this recipe with you today. We ate it with some bread, herb cheese and creamy goats cheese, yumm!



















For the Dutchies: I used this recipe for inspiration. Of course I changed nearly everything about it because that's how I roll! Once you become confident in the kitchen you'll start cooking by heart instead of weighing everything. After all, tasting is the most important part in cooking. 

I made a large pot of soup enough for 5 servings, because I like to store some in the freezer for those days I really don't feel like cooking. You can make less of course, just half the ingredients!

What you need: 
- ripe tomatoes, 1.5kg
- garlic, 5 cloves
- basil, a big handful 
- half a litre of vegetable stock
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- pepper and salt
 - a large oven tray

Here's what you are going to do: 
  • Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
  • Cut all the tomatoes in quarters and place them in the oven tray. I did this in 2 parts, I had so many tomatoes they didn't fit into one tray. 
  • Add the garlic cloves with the skin on and sprinkle over some olive oil and balsamic vinegar if you like. Add some pepper and salt to the mixture as well. 
  • Place the mixture in the oven and roast it for an hour. Stir 2 times in between to make sure all the tomatoes are roasted nicely. 
  • If you are doing this process in two steps, add the second batch to the oven now.
  • Place the tomatoes to a food processor. You'll want all the juices in there, too: this is where the flavour is! Squeeze out the garlic cloves and add the pulp to the tomatoes. Blend until nice and smooth, and transfer to a soup pot. 
  • Heat up half a litre of vegetable stock, and add this to the tomato purée. Finely chop up your basil, and toss this in there as well. 
  • Bring your soup up to taste by adding more salt, pepper or balsamic vinegar if needed. Heat it up once more and your delicious soup is ready!
Serve with some bread and cheeses as a delicious meal, or have it as lunch or starter. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, it totally exceeded my expectations! Find some pictures down below.

Feel free to let me know what you think, as I am still learning. See you next time!
Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram


















No comments:

Post a Comment