Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

January 29, 2016

Creamy hummus with fresh herbs

Hey guys!

I'm having a bit of a bad day today so the only thing that helps is spending a lot of time in the kitchen, naturally! I've already prepared some really tasty granola, some deliciously creamy hummus and I'm baking some tomatoes in the oven for a roasted tomato soup as we speak. Recipe will follow soon ;)

But first: the hummus. Since it was the first time I prepared it, I used this recipe from +Chickslovefood for inspiration (I'm sorry, it's in Dutch!) and measurements. I added some personal touches and it ended up being so good... My advice: eat it on a cracker with some thinly sliced chicken breast and some fresh veggies such as lettuce, or cucumber. Tasty!



First of all: I used dried chickpeas so I soaked them in water overnight and then boiled them for 1.5 hours. However, it's perfectly fine to buy them in a jar from the supermarket! They are ready to use and will save you some time, too.

Ingredients:
- chickpeas, 200g
- tahini, 2 spoonfuls
- olive oil, 3 spoonfuls
- lemon juice, to taste (I used half a lemon)
- garlic, 2 cloves
- salt and pepper
- chilli flakes or paprika powder (optional)
- finely cut fresh herbs, about a handful (I used chives and celery)

What you'll need to do: 
  • Use a food processor or (hand) blender to grind the chickpeas, garlic, tahini and olive oil into a smooth mash. 
  • Add the lemon juice and some salt, pepper, fresh herbs and (optional) chilli flakes to the bowl and mix well. 
  • Make sure it's a smooth mixture. I added some water to make it a little thinner, I would advise one or two spoonfuls. You can use more oil as well. 
  • Taste to see if you're satisfied with the mixture. If not, add some more salt, pepper, herbs or lemon juice until it's right for you. 
  • Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. Serve with some bread or veggies to dip, or on a cracker with some chicken breast. Enjoy! 

That's it for today guys, I hope you feel as inspired to try this as I was. Every day I learn new things like this very easy to make hummus, and I get better and better at cooking too! Feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think: I'd love to see I inspired someone to cook something from scratch.

See you next time! 
Vivian
Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram





No comments:

Post a Comment