Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

February 08, 2016

Too good to be true: easy oatmeal cookies

Goooodmorning all!
It's time for a baking recipe, and I've got a good one to share with you today. These oatmeal cookies are a little sticky but have a nice bite to them, and a great taste too: honey and a variation of nuts. Oatmeal is quite healthy, tasty and it leaves you satisfied for a long time. That's why I like to use it so much! (See: apple crumble oatmeal pie for breakfast and homemade granola for example) Last week I tried a recipe of +Chickslovefood for easy oatmeal cookies. Because I used honey as sweetener and coconut oil to stick them together it's not that unhealthy, either. What's not to love...

I'll be sharing more baking recipes with you, too: Gijs (the boyfriend) just started with his placement and I thought I'd give him some healthy snacks for in the train, like this cookie. Also, its my birthday next week!



This recipe is enough for around 5 large cookies. You can double it if you want a bigger batch of course!

What you'll need: 
- oatmeal, 100g
- coconut oil, 60ml
- honey or other sweetener, 40g
- nuts, 30g (I used walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds and pecans)
- 1 egg
- cinnamon 
- optional: dried fruits (raisins, apricots, maybe some coconut..) 

Directions: 
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
  • First, mix the coconut oil, honey and the egg together. 
  • Chop up the nuts, and toss them in the mixture together with the oatmeal and dried fruits if you're using them. Add some cinnamon to taste as well, I probably used 2 teaspoons.
  • Use a spoon to scoop the mixture onto parchment paper. Smooth them out so that you have nice round cookie shapes: the mixture won't deform like normal cookies would! 
  • Place them in the oven for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool down, and they are done! 

How easy is that?! It only took me a few minutes to weigh and mix the ingredients, then I just popped them into the oven and I could start cleaning the kitchen. Very convenient if you want to quickly prepare some freshly baked cookies!

I hope this helped you through the Monday a bit, if not just prepare some of these cookies and you'll feel better I promise ;) See you tomorrow!
Vivian

Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram












No comments:

Post a Comment