Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

February 05, 2016

Sunday morning breakfast: Pumpkin Pancakes

Good morning all,
I know it's not Sunday yet, but this way you can make sure to get the groceries in time to make this perfect breakfast. Or maybe you already have some leftover pumpkin from cooking this recipe? Either way, let me tell you that this is the perfect variation on plain pancakes. I don't even know what I was thinking the first time I made them: what if it would have turned out horribly? However, I've already cooked them twice now and I believe this is a winning dish!

Because you swap out sugar for the pumpkin it is less unhealthy, too. It's also a great way to get more veggies into your meals everyday: they taste so delicious you won't even notice it's there! Keep reading if you'd like to cook this gorgeous recipe.


 Pictures can be found below this post, as usual.

What you need: 
- half a small pumpkin
- flour, 260g
- eggs, 3 medium sized
- milk, 500 ml
- baking powder, a teaspoon
- butter or oil
- additional: apple slices, bacon, or anything else you'd like in there

What you need to do: 
  • I used pieces of pumpkin that I saved in the freezer from an earlier meal. I defrosted them over night, and then boiled them for about 8 minutes until nice and soft. Even if you have a food processor you don't want to skip this part: it will taste less nice you use raw pumpkin! 
  • Weigh off the flour and baking powder and mix them together. Add the eggs and the milk while running the machine, to make sure you get a nice smooth mixture, with no lumps. 
  • Drain the pumpkin pieces and add them to the mixture in the food processor or blender. If you don't use one: first purée the pumpkin until smooth. Blend it all together and start heating up a frying pan. 
  • If you're using bacon, you want to bake this first. 
  • Throw some butter or oil in the pan and add some of the batter. Make sure it is spread evenly to prevent undercooked parts in the middle. 
  • When the top is dry you can flip it, and cook it until nice and golden on both sides. 
  • Stack them up until you're out of batter and ready is your Sunday morning breakfast or brunch! Serve with some (maple) syrup, sugar or topping of your choice. 
Trust me, you'll want to try this one. It was an experiment but it turned out to be soooo delicious!
What is your favourite pancake?
See ya!
Vivian

Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram

 




No comments:

Post a Comment